That was a hard title to figure out, I tell you. Lots of
funny things happened this week.
I am trying to be much better at budgeting my time, seeing
as President Mortensen says that we can only spend an hour and half emailing.
That's a big struggle in my life, but it's fine. I can figure it out - just
don't hate me if my emailing sucks for a bit.
It's been a really good week here - we didn't necessarily
have the most statistical success, but I learned so much, it's
ridiculous.
We made some friends this week, some of whom include -
- Betty: She's a less active. Did I talk about her
last week? I hope not. #thatwouldbeembarassing So, Betty is HILARIOUS. She is
so freaking funny. I'm not sure what exactly her hold up is, but she totally
needs to come to church. We visited her this week and mostly spent some time
talking and laughing and building a relationship with her. I told her about the
whole "I don't do things very good/very well"* thing, and she said
that she doesn't give a flying fig about grammar. She also said that she wants
to go to New Zealand, but if she goes, she won't come back - she'll find a
hobbit house.
* For those of you that are unaware - I am a grammar nazi.
It's bad. My mother thinks it's hilarious to tease me about it, so she always
tells me that she doesn't do things very good - I tell her very well. She
laughs.
- Brittney: The Sisters found her at some point. She
lives in a super ghetto apartment complex, which makes me a little happy.
#lovetheghetto #missionlife We sat down and taught her the Restoration, and it
was really interesting - she wants direction and purpose in life, but she
thinks that we're all prophets. We'll work on that one.
Side note - This drunk man wearing bug antennae and a skeleton
on his shirt kept coming in during the lesson. He totes fell in love with
Sister Roe. I think it's hilarious. She doesn't like it when I bring it
up.
- June: She lives in another ward, but we went as a
district to help her move. Let's just say that being a missionary has made me
hate cats. #crazycatladyhousessmell NASTY. It was pretty great, however. Elder
Keith, one of our Zone Leaders, was told that he has great "spatial
awareness" so he was crowned the "Load Master." I think he was proud.
#tetrispaysoff
- Mango: A bird that belongs to one of our members.
Mango loved me - she went on my shoulder and did a happy dance.
#gettingabirdwhenigethome
The Rodgers were able to go to the temple to do baptisms
this week. It was a huge fiasco, and by the time it all panned out, I ended up
not being able to go. I'll be totally honest - I was heartbroken. I wanted to
go more than anything, but no one seemed to care, and I just wanted to cry. I
realized, though, that as much as it stunk, stewing about it wouldn't do a
single thing. So, with a butt ton of effort, I focused on the positives -
things like the fact that I got to spend 6 months with them, and that we have a
temple so close. It took a while, but it worked! The day totally turned around.
It was awesome.
Last night, we got to go to a fireside that was spoken by
Elder Corbridge. He's in the Seventy. He spoke... last conference? He spoke
about Joseph Smith. Anyway, it was freaking AWESOME. He talked all about our
Gods. The idea was that thing that makes us do what we do is our God - so if
it's popularity, or the crowd, guess who your God is? He talked about how it's
great to follow your dreams and said, "I'm not - what's the word - dissing
Michael Phelps," but he said that we would be much better off to follow
God's dreams than our own, because His dreams are so much bigger than
ours.
Okay. Running low on time. Sure love you! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Liljenkinquist
Elder Vargas is my favorite
The District on Pants Day
Nighttime selfies #weregorgeous
The Load Master hard at work
Sister Davis and Sister Niedert
The Service Team - our Elders decided to be lame and not
come
Contacting swag
Sister Roe and Mango
Sister Roe turned old on Saturday. I don't know about you...
#22
Sharolyn and I at the fireside
Look who I found! #besties
Elder Vargas is very stressed by the new time limitations
No comments:
Post a Comment