Hey, dudes. It's me again. I'm still in Texas. It's not
nearly as cold as it was last year around this time, but it's also not ten million
degrees and 50 million percent humidity. And for that, I am grateful.
So, I'm sure if you're aware, but missionary work is just
about the coolest freaking thing on the planet. It's taken a long time and a
lot of struggles to get to this point, but I just love what I'm doing. I love
going out and talking to people about the gospel and sharing what's most
important to me. I love it when people just don't answer the door, even though
we know they're home. (That's always funny.) I love being rained on as I walk
through sketchy apartments - Texas rain. (I was drenched, beeteedubs.) Oh - I
LOVE sketch town. It's my favorite - people are so open to talking to you, and
they're all outside. Rich people are never outside. Grumps.
All in all, I'm just loving it. The only thing I'm not
loving is that I've reached a new level of exhaustion that leaves both Sister
Roe and me totally loopy by the end of the night. I don't know of any
solutions. It's whatever.
Anyway.
This week started off with a mission tour. Remember Elder
Corbridge from last week's letter? He's back. We had a zone conference style
training with him and the Mortensens, and it was really cool. He said at the
beginning that he was going to tell us what the most important thing was, and
told us...about 4 hours later. I'll just tell you the good stuff - the most
important thing is repenting so that you can always have the Spirit with
you.
Just think about it. It's changed the way that I look at
things.
I was also able to sing for said conference. I sang "My
Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee," which is my favorite church song of
all time. I was so frustrated with myself when I sat down because I did not
think I did well at all, but then Elder Corbridge got up and started going over
the scriptures that the song is based off of. Sister Mortensen told me later
that that's also his favorite song - he played it for them for their FHE the
night before. That's cool.
What wasn't cool was the bathroom being out of paper towels.
I walked out with sopping wet hands intent on finding some way to dry
them....
When Elder Corbridge came into the hallway. And wanted to
shake my hand.
I shook his hand. With wet hands.
I'm still totally embarrassed.
It's whatever.
Other than that, we did some cool stuff this week. President
Mortensen challenged us on Tuesday to invite someone to be baptized every day,
which is crazy, but also cool, but also crazy. On Wednesday we went out
contacting, and Sister Roe started to invite this guy we'd just met. (I won't
lie - I freaked out a little bit.) And guess what? He said yes. Holy cow. I
never would have thought that.
We also did some service at the arboretum with our district
- nothing makes you feel better wuite like playing in dirt.
We also ate with the Andersons three times this week - they
heard that no one had signed up and insisted that we come over. The last night,
the Elders came over as well, because they didn't have dinner either. Oh, boy -
that was a lot of fun. Elder Nielsen called himself Elder Chandler's helpmeet.
#hesourspecialfriend
Our teaching pool is a bit low, but we're working on getting
Everette, our daughter of a less active family investigator, ready for her
baptism on Saturday - heck yeah. It's going to be fabulous.
Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the primary program
was great - except, family themed programs with adorable children after being a
missionary for 15 months are a little brutal. I'm just throwing that out there.
Elder Nielsen tried to get all righteous on me and claimed that the ward was
his family and that he didn't miss his own. He's only been out for a few months
- he'll learn.
That's all I can really think of. I hope that everyone is
doing well - I say hope because I have no idea how most of y'all are doing.
#hinthint #sendmeletterspunks I hope that this week is amazing, and that you
spend some time thinking of what you can do to keep the Spirit more in your
life.
That was an invitation, just in case you didn't catch it the
first time. So do it.
I love y'all. Peace, love, don't shove.
Love,
Sister Liljenlyquist
#thiswardhasnoideahowtopronouncemyname
Emailing selfies, week 2
Me + Anderson kidlets
Jalen loves the Book of Mormon. I do too, beeteedubs.
Rain.
Evil plant tentacles.
The Elders. They'll thank me for the multitudes of pictures
someday.
Texas sky - there's nothing like it.
Sister Davis and I went on exchanges. On the left live two
less actives. On the right lives an investigator. #cypresscreekknowshowtodoit
Sister Niedert makes a new friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment