Howdy, friends. It's me. I am currently wearing my cowboy
boots, so I feel super Texan-y today. It's whatever. I'm cool.
It's been a little bit of an all over the place week. My
brain's a bit all over the place, too, so bear with me.
So, Tuesday. Tuesday we didn't have any plans, so we had
this gigantor list of people to visit...and none of them were home. Literally.
I think there were 12 names. Well, I say they weren't home - they may have been
home, but people have this annoying habit of hiding from us, like they think
we'll stop coming or something. #missionariesarejuststalkers #youllnevergetaway
It was okay, though, because I was blessed with super disappointment repelling
skills, and I was fine. We went and visited Sister Standley in the afternoon,
who is fabulous, and we had a good visit with her daughter, Pacie. Pacie, you
must understand, is four years old and is so hilarious, I can't even handle
myself. Following are some of the things said in our short visit:
Pacie: "That's always my book love."
Sister Roe: "Pacie, what's your favorite scripture
story?"
Pacie: "Uh, a pony."
Pacie: [Singing] "I lived in heaven a long time ago it
is true - people that I know...but some people get hurt, and they have to go to
the doctor, and if your knee hurts, he'll wrap it up, and it'll get better - it
is truuuue."
Sister Standley: "Why do people dig holes, Pacie?"
Pacie: "Some people are weird." (Pacie then goes
on to explain that some people dig holes because they're tired of living in the
woods.)
Oh, man. We laughed basically the whole time.
On Wednesday we were able to meet with an investigator that
the Sisters started teaching in January, but she kind of fell off of the face
of the planet. Her name is Amber, she is African American, and she is
hilarious. She's struggling with some big time insecurities and self hatred -
also, she hates her husband. It's just not a happy place in her life right now.
We talked a lot about her divine nature and potential as a daughter of God,
cried with her, and gave her some homework assignments to build her faith and
confidence in herself and the Lord.
We also told her that she was not longer allowed to watch
Maury, but had to read the Book of Mormon instead. She gave me a super sassy
black lady look, and we had a discussion about how she does not need more drama
in her life. She is also the one who told us that North Korea is not a good
place for an American to be at any time of the year....can't quite remember how
we got on that one. Anyway, she's great, and she's really ready for the gospel,
and we're going to get her baptized. The end.
I had one of the coolest moments of my whole life this week.
We were visiting with a less active Sister this week. This lady is the
sweetest, nicest thing I've ever seen, and she wants to come back to church and
into activity so badly. The only thing that's holding her back is herself - she
doesn't feel like she's been forgiven because of all of the things she's done.
As we talked, the Spirit hit me more strongly than at almost any other time in
my life, and I knew that I needed to tell her, as a representative of Jesus
Christ, that He had forgiven her of her mistakes. It was totally indescribable.
She's still working on it, but she'll get there.
Random side story - we went to the ghetto on Saturday to
visit some recent converts. One thing I've found in the ghetto is that people sleep
in late, and people sleep on the couch a lot. So, we're visiting with Eddie and
Tiffany and Tiffany's very large, very muscled, very tattooed, and altogether
frightening looking brother was asleep on the couch...and he started sleep
talking. Let's just say that the dream started out with someone trying to take
his money and a big booty and became progressively more explicit from there. It
wasn't too bad, but it was just funny.
This Saturday, we kind of had a baptism explosion. The
Cypress Creek Sisters had a baptism at 2, Tammy was baptized at 3, and Everette
and her brother Marcus were baptized at 4. They all went well, and it was a
good afternoon. We were able to go over to Tammy's last night and help her
start on family history, and there was this awesome moment when we connected
into a line and all the sudden she had ancestors until the 1500's. She was so
excited, and it was so cool to see her so excited about it. Family history is
real, people. It's awesome.
That's all I've got. I sure do love y'all. Have an amazing
week, and do something good for someone else.
Love,
Sister LLQJ
It was windy.
Me + Pacie
Sister Roe was cold.
It was cold.
Elder Halterman demonstrates his morning look.
District selfie. On the cart.
Everette, Sister Roe, and Marcus
Sister Knee-dirt. (Soo funny.)
Sometimes we get reeeally tired.
Oingo boingo Mini Cooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment