Monday, October 27, 2014

In Which I Actually Did Get Pretty Wet and We Venture Back into the Houston North Hood



This week, some stuff happened. I could tell you the nature of this stuff, but my fingers are lazy.

So, yeah. 

But really, though. I'm just frustrated with the inability of my fingers to just type what I want. 

It's whatever. I'm fine. 

I'm currently emailing you from the good old Hafer Road Employment Center - #flashbacktowestfield. I am now stationed in the Olde Oaks ward, which is right next to Westfield, and right down the street from Klein - literally. Did I think I'd be moved down the street? Nope. I was thinking College Station or something like that. #heavenlyfatherhasotherplans 

My companion is the fabulous Sister Roe, who came out with me and spent her first few transfers with me in the Spring Zone. Let me just tell you - Sister Roe? She's a saint. She is just so patient with me and my insanity, and she's teaching me how to be super obedient, not just sort of obedient. It's great. 

Guess who else is in my ward? 

It's Elder Chandler. 

He kind of flipped out when I told him - it was funny. He's been a total goober, but is improving. The week started off with him spraying me with a power washer. Not the getting hurt kind, just the wet kind. He insists that I didn't get wet. He's a punk. 

The ward is great. We have about 120 active people in a ward of about 350, so we have our work cut out for us - it's crazy how different this is from Klein, which had maybe a dozen. There is so much member work to be done here, which makes me a happy camper. I love member work. We are lacking a bit in the youth department (we have maybe a dozen young men and women,) so I intend to rectify that situation as well. The members I've met so far are great, and our bishop is a freaking rock star. He is just incredible, and I'm really excited to work with him. 

So, something really cool happened this week. It wasn't a huge revelation or anything like that - I think it's a culmination of a lot of things. The point is, though, that I LOVE missionary work for the first time in a long time. I've found this new burst of motivation and desire to be here, and it's staying around. 

HOW COOL IS THAT? 

But really, though. I've been praying for this for a long time, and I am so excited to finally be kicking on all cylinders. As President Mortensen would say, it's go time. 

We don't have too many investigators as the present time, but we are working on that. We're working with the Elders on two families - a part member family, where Tammy, the fabulous mom, is being baptized, and Alexus and Stephen, who just ding dang need to get baptized. Tammy had a baptismal date for the 15th of November, but Alexus and Stephen want to get out of debt, and they still need to be married. We're working on it. 

So, we had a meeting with the bishop yesterday, and there's a plaque on his desk that says, "When you find out who you really are, you will wish you tried harder." I didn't get it at first, but the more I thought about it, the more it stuck to me. If we could really see who we were, what wouldn't we do? It's pushed me on a lot more as I've thought about it.

That's all I can think of for now. 

Here's the deal - I know I'm basically ancient in missionary years, but I would really, really love some mail. Any sort of mail will do. Look - I'll even give you an address - 

14723 TC Jester Blvd
#733
Houston, TX 77068

Write me some stuff. Okay? Yep.

Love y'all.

Sister Lil



Mortensen swag from last week - Sister Ae, Paige, and Me


Sophie and I take a picture - President photobombs
 

My favorite Louise and I work on family history


This... It's the Champions District. They're special.


Sister Ae and I are recording bosses. (The song has still not been sent to us, Beeteedubs.)

Rylan is looking real nice for prom... that he didn't go to. 


De'Merikko and Kennady

De'Merikko, Jenna and I 

This is my momma - she went home this week. #soweirdicanthandleit

  
Destiny! Oh, man, I love that girl. 

MEET THE MORMONS!


Jamba - oh, how I love thee...



Sister Ae blows the conch of her people


Harold eats his people


The Simonsons and I have swag


Elder Neilson, Lincoln, and Elder Chandler. 


#missionaryfacepaintswag



Us covering the Elders' car with nasty air fresheners.



We found these goons at Walmart today. 




No comments: