First off, I must apologize for not emailing on Monday. We
were just about to leave the apartment for the office when the heavens exploded
and ALL the rain came down. We were going to play frisbee with the Assistants
in the afternoon...but those plans were a little ruined when the power went
out. It was crazy rain, people. Crazy. So, basically, no power = no computers.
The struggle is real.
It's been a pretty darn good week in the Klein ward. Have I
mentioned how much I love this ward? Because I do. They're just wonderful
people, and they do so much to help us.
Our recently baptized friends are doing well. We've been
struggling to get Carter to seminary, but let's get real - convincing a 15
year-old to wake up at 5 a.m. to go to a class where he doesn't understand most
of what's being taught? I'd be concerned if it wasn't a struggle. Layla's aunts
came into town this week, and we got to spend some time with them. Aunt Robin
spent some time talking to us about the church and what we do, and she was such
a sweetheart. She also said that she's seen a big difference in the whole
family since we started visiting. I just love that - the gospel changes people.
It's real.
We had a really excellent Zone Meeting on Friday where we
talked about what we want most in life, and how pleasing others is not how we
please God. There was an incredible testimony meeting afterwards, and the
Spirit was so strong, it was crazy. Missionaries are just my favorite
people.
But really, though. Conference. I know that aaallll the
missionaries have already raved about it, but I'm just going to add to that.
How cool is conference? So much inspiration and direction, and it's all so
personal. I just can't even handle it. We were able to watch sessions with
Sharolyn and Tara (! Who we haven't seen since her baptism,) and Layla and crew.
We had a total miracle with the latter, because those twins were INSANE during
the whole session, and we were worried that they wouldn't get much out of it.
However, things calmed down long enough for them to hear Elder Kacher's talk
about being a new member and Elder Bednar's boss talk about sharing the gospel.
So cool.
We're still working with the Ellsworths' boys, but craziness
tends to happen when you go from 3 kids to 6, and school starts, and everybody's
playing sports, so we haven't been able to officially teach them since we
taught them the Restoration...which was a couple of months ago. They're super
solid, though, so it's not like we're worried about them at all. The Ellsworths
have been taking them to church and mutual every week, and De'Merikko has been
going to seminary every morning. Brother Ellsworth told us last night that when
they asked their case worker about baptism, she said that they should wait
until they're officially placed in February.
Poop.
It's kind of a total bummer, but when I put on my Christlike
hat, it's all good. I'm a selfish being, and I really don't want to share them
with any other missionaries, and I was really hoping to see them be baptized
before I get transferred. Really, though - it's okay. I just love them.
To be fair, De'Merikko didn't realize that we get
transferred, so when I told him that I'll probably be leaving in a few weeks,
he started wailing and rolled around on the floor - so it was a hard night for
him as well.
In other important news, Sister Ae and I are going to record
a song.
It all started when Sister Ashby challenged Sister Ae to
write a song about missionary work and the gospel and such - we were at their
house for dinner and Sister Ae had been playing around on the ukulele all
night. So, she did. (I offered moral support.) Guys - this song is really good.
It has two verses, a chorus - and a rap. We've been taking it around when we go
to dinners, and the ward loves it. We went to a member's house a week or so ago
and she insisted that we ask President Mortensen if we could record it and put
it on YouTube. We were at the office last Monday, and I asked him - he said it
was alright as long as he could hear it. Guess what, guys? He loved it. He even
clapped after the rap (we were worried about that part.) He loved it so much,
he said that we have to come over to his house and play it for his kids.
We're still trying to find a time to record it with said
member's DJ son, but when it is recorded, I shall give you the link, for
sure.
No autographs, please.
That's all. I sure love y'all. Have a wonderful week, okay?
Love,
Sister LLQJ
(New nickname courtesy of Elder Chandler)
We carved some pumpkins - see?
I got to hang out with my buddy, Frank.
Who does this look like?
Biking selfie.
Elder Pace, Cooper, and Elder Beck
My peeps (and someone who doesn't know how to stand up
straight.)
The peeps and the baptize-ers
The Elders of the Klein 1 Zone
The Zone
Cooper puts the seeds back in the pumpkin - he must be new
around here.
Tara protects Peach from Sharolyn... She was on one.
I bought this shirt for Elder French while we were doing
service - everybody wanted to try it on. It got very stretched out.
No comments:
Post a Comment