People, people, people. Hello. 'Tis your favorite Sister
Missionary, reporting to you from the Klein Stake Family History Center, last
computer on the left. It's a hot and sweaty ten million degrees outside, so we
are supes grateful for the air conditioning.
#peaceandblessingstowhoeverinventedthat
I'm having a really hard time focusing today, so bear with
me. I'm trying hard.
Some cool things happened this week.
First of all, it rained. Sister Ae and I set out from the
apartment to the church, and it started to sprinkle. Sister Ae says,
"It'll pass, let's just hurry."
It didn't.
We rode to the church in a true Texas rainstorm, and it was
insane. I think my eyes were closed most of the way there. (Don't worry - we
were on the sidewalk.) We showed up at the church and walked into the family
history center demonstrating the true definition of "soaked to the
skin," and one of the people there asked, "Is it raining
outside?"
Heh, heh. Hilarious.
After standing in front of an AC fan for a while, one of the
family history people called their wife, who took us home and threw our clothes
in the dryer.
Moral of the story - Riding bikes in the rain is AWESOME.
The aftermath is significantly less awesome.
Layla and Jace are doing well. They were not baptized this
Saturday, but I am totally okay with that. As Sister Ae would say, "I ain't
even mad." They're progressing well, and we really don't think they'll be
moving anytime in the near near future. I'm convinced that they won't move
until we've gotten them dunked, but I might just be a tad prideful. Layla's
been more committed than I've ever seen her, and Jace seems to be enjoying
things. He hasn't said more than ten words at a time in my presence, so we're
not really sure where he is. We're working on it. The kids are great, and the
twins and I have become even better friends. I got many running hugs and much
hand holding, so I'm a happy Sister. They're still committed to baptism, but
we're making sure they have the testimony to go with it. Stay tuned.
We had a really cool Zone Conference this week. President
Mortensen gave this super cool lesson about how history coincides with the
Apostasy and Restoration, which I loved. I try not to let it hurt my pride,
because I totally thought of it first, and now I don't seem as cool.
#superprideissues We also had training about this little thing that President
Mortensen calls "Master Teaching." In essence, we spend the vast
majority of the lesson asking questions to hep the teachee discover the truth
for themselves. When they don't know, we pull out scripture.
It's hard, guys. I feel like a brand spanking new missionary
all over again, because this is so different from how we've been teaching. I
didn't think it was, but it is. At the same time, though, it's incredible.
There is so much more power when you are spending all of your time listening
and letting the Spirit teach. It's going to take some effort, but I'm
determined to get it down. Not only that, but it'll be so useful in real life -
being a parent, a spouse, a coworker, or just a human being.
Y'ALL.
We had NINE investigators at church yesterday.
For reals.
I could have wept for joy.
Maddie, the Rodgers' oldest daughter (the one who swore
she'd never listen to us when we first met her,) came as well. It was amazing.
I loved the loudness and the kids running around - families are great. The
Ellsworths' boys were there as well, and De'Merikko (spelling correction)
(there are more to come) told everyone how cool I was all day long. I felt like
a million bucks.
Things are good. I'm good, Sister Ae's good. The only thing
that's not good is the fact that we're moving, so I have to pack. Again.
I hate packing.
However, my anguish would be lessened significantly if y'all
would send some mail to this new apartment. Eh?
8100 Cypresswood Dr. #1238
Spring, TX 77379
DO IT.
I love y'all. You're great. Do some good stuff, hug a
missionary, and keep adventuring.
Love,
Sister Liljenquist
Otherwise known as
Lil-Jen
or even
Little-J
(It's like I'm a gangster or something)
My watch tan is MAGNIFICENT.
Welcome to Texas. Pretty much every day.
Sister Ae and I are pretty much bosses.
Artsy bike picture.
We played volleyball with the young men. Can you spot our
three investigators? (Yeeeeah buddy)
We threw Sister Andreason's nasty guacamole off of the
balcony on accident. She went and got it...and put it back in the fridge.
Artsy name tag picture.
Sister Andreason and Sister Ae take a lovely picture.
I take an ADORABLE picture.
We were wet.
Sister Ae turned old, so we had a party.
All of my peeps at the party.
THIS is our ward mission leader. You're concerned, aren't
you?
Sister Ae slept like this last night - intentionally. She
said it was comfy.
No comments:
Post a Comment