Monday, August 4, 2014

In Which An Apostle of Lord Tells Bishop Hair That He Loves Him and Baptismal Dates Abound



Greetings, all. It's just me, your friendly neighborhood Texan missionary, trying her best to think of something worthwhile to include in this email. It's whatever.  

It's been quite the week hereabouts, beginning with transfer meeting on Tuesday. Dear Sister Priddis departed for the world of the living, and I was blessed with a new companion by the name of Sister Ae - like "eye." We were in the same zone in Spring, so I've known her, and she's pretty awesome. We saw each other at transfer meeting before they passed the sheets out, and she told me that it was always good to see me - well, let's hope that stays that way. She's a lot of fun and we're really excited to get to work in ye olde Klein ward. 

It's been kind of an odd week. New people, new ideas, new weather patterns - it's an adventure all around. Sister Ae and I have been trying to figure out how to best help this ward, because it's almost Utah ward status. The entire ward is a mile and a half by a half a mile, and I'm pretty sure that every door has been knocked on at least 18 times. So, normal contacting methods are probably not the best idea. Bishop Hair, who is just one of my favorite people, had a really neat talk with him about his visions for missionary work in the ward, and it included things like doing service, working with the youth, and using sports to contact people.
I like those ideas. It's going to be a good transfer.
He also told us the story of a time when he'd gotten to chat with an apostle while he was serving as bishop. At the end of the conversation, the apostle gave him a hug and said, "I love you, Bishop Hair." At this point in the story, he was very excited and ended with, "AN APOSTLE OF THE LORD TOLD ME HE LOVED ME." I just love him.

Brother Beckett is totally on board with all of this good stuff as well, so we're ready to get things moving. I just need to be patient and realize that everything isn't going to happen tomorrow...or even next week. Hmph.
We were able to meet the Ellsworths' new boys this week, and they are adorable. They fit in so well and

But let's get real, here. We all know that you are just waiting for me to give you an update on Jace and Layla after they've been out of town for approximately 300 eons. Well, the first news that we got was that they were moving.
Huh?
That was bad. Bad, bad news. However, the first thing that Layla told us was that she had tried to find the nearest church on Google. I just love them.
We were finally able to teach them the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Saturday and we extended a baptismal invitation for the 16th. And guess what?
They said yes!
My joy is full. I also have to go, which makes me pretty grumpy, except that we're going to play frisbee with the Elders and Layla's boys. #bestever.
I love y'all. You're great.
Love, Me


Cooper was tired...






And I got Jefferson to smile. Best day ever.


Sister Ae sings hymns while ironing her clothes. #missionmultitask

Sister Ae, Whitney, Sister Andreason, and Sister Neilsen


Drive through snow cone shack - now that's what I'm talking about.




No comments: