It just keeps getting hotter. I hate that.
And we're done with that.
It's been quite the week. Kind of incredible, actually. It
started off with some exchanges with Sister Bonner. She's just a really great
missionary, guys. I'm trying to become as brave as she is, but that might be a
life long pursuit. She's incredible, people. We were biking home and she was
determined to reach her contacting goal (more to come on that later...) and she
literally talked to everyone - including the pizza delivery man who was on his
way from the door to the car. He was actually pretty nice, for the record. I
always learn so much from her, and she loves being on a bike again. It's a
win-win situation.
We had interviews with President Mortensen on Tuesday, which
were freaking fantastic. The Assistants gave their presentation while President
Mortensen was in interviews, and it was really, really cool. They talked all
about goals, and how our goals help us get spiritual power to go along with our
authority. My entire mission, I've been planning for our day and then setting
goals, and I never realized how backwards that was. It's been super cool to see
how the Lord will bless us with ways to fill our goals when we allow Him to
inspire us with certain goals. As Preach My Gospel says, "Goal setting and
planning are acts of faith." Great stuff. We talked about the Title of
Liberty and they introduced our new mission standard motto thing, which is
taken from Preach My Gospel. It's on a banner, and the Assistants have been
practicing unrolling it by throwing it to each other. It worked really
well...until Elder Hillebrant hit Elder Christensen in the face with it.
In interviews, President Mortensen challenged each of us to
commit to invite 25 people each day to learn more about the gospel. I don't
know how that sounds to y'all, but it's a lot. Prior to this, Sister Priddis
and I would do 5 a day, tops. I was a little skeptical when I first started
hearing about it, but being with Sister Bonner warmed me up, and Sister Priddis
really wanted to go all out for her last few days.
Guys. It's been so cool.
I don't know if I've ever seen more miracles on my mission.
We were headed home on Thursday after only making 19 contacts. We were a little
disappointed, but had talked to some really cool people, so we were content. As
we were locking up our bikes, Sister Priddis says, "There are 6 people
over there. Should we go talk to them?" One thing that Elder Christensen
said in training that stuck out to me was, "The more specifically we plan,
the more specifically the Lord can bless us." We probably wouldn't have talked
to those people otherwise, but because we had that goal, those random people
turned into a miracle.
Then, on Friday, we had one more invitation for the night
and were on our way to talk to someone we had met the night before, so we were
just hoping we'd find that one more. We were walking into our apartment complex
when we were stopped by a woman...I think she asked about a cat. Anyway, she
started talking to us about being missionaries, and told us that she felt lost
and knew that she needed to build a relationship with God. We asked her what
she was looking for, and she said that she wanted direction and purpose. Sounds
a little bit like the Gospel of Jesus Christ, eh? We testified of the Lord's
love for her and she started crying and said that she'd been looking for a
church, but wasn't satisfied with anywhere she'd gone and just kept thinking
about her Mormon friends. It was so cool. She doesn't live in our area, which
is kind of a bummer, but we got all of her information to pass on to the Elders.
That's kind of all. Sister Priddis flies back to the
homeland on Wednesday, which is really odd. I'm pretty sure she's bummed that
her watch tan hasn't gotten to be as good as mine, but we've both gotten our
fair share of burns. #texasswag #bikearea
I miss y'all and hope that things are going well. Please let
me know if there's anything I can do for you, okay?
Love,
Sister Liljenquist
No comments:
Post a Comment