Monday, July 21, 2014

In Which I Have My First Great Biking Catastrophe and We Hear Voices from the Sky While Contacting



Guys. 

It's 100* today. I think it's actually a million, but the thermometer disagrees. Either way, it's hot, and it's not very comforting when all of the Texans say, "Wait'll August." Sister Johnson says there are four seasons in Texas - Almost summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas. 

How long until Christmas again?

Anyway, I digress. 

This week has been a bit rough, but only because of the severe lack of appointments. Jace & Layla's crew is still out of town, and KJ and his family cancelled all three appointments we set up with them. The only time we got to talk to any of them was when we stopped by to see KJ, and it was raining, so he sat and told us all of his woes for about an hour. It's been really hard to figure out how to help him, because he's not all that great of a listener - we'll say something, and then he'll continue with his thought like we didn't even say anything. We told him quite bluntly that he wouldn't be able to progress at all if he didn't read the Book of Mormon, so hopefully that will help. 

We were able to meet with Lea twice this week. She is just adorable, and we love visiting with her. AS we've talked to her, she seems to have a lot of questions about the Plan of Salvation that no one has been able to answer for her that we can explain. The issue is, however, that the church she goes to now is almost literally her family. Her husband has passed away, which her church helped her out with a lot, and there seems to be some sort of strained relationship with her kids, so they're really the only people she associates with. Even if she comes to know that the church is true, there's the fact that joining the church would take her from her most important social circle. We'll pray for her. 

Due to said lack of investigators, we've been doing a lot of contacting, which is where my two greatest adventures happened. 

First, we were biking, and we were biking, and all of the sudden (*wink*) we stopped to contact someone. Aaaand I'm a klutz, so my bike fell over, and it knocked Sister Priddis' over, and I felt pathetic. Later, when we started riding again, I discovered that my bike chain had gotten itself wedged in a super difficult place. I got it out...and got a significant amount of grease and cuts on my hands. So, we stopped by a member's house to clean up. Guess who showed up while we were there? Their less active daughter who lives in Sister Priddis' old ward. Boo yah. 

We also went contacting and walked up to the house of a guy we had talked to a few days before. As we walked up to the door, we heard, "Hey, girls." We were super confused, until we looked up - he was sitting on the roof. It was kind of hilarious. 

In other news, we moved out this morning. The Ellsworths are adopting three boys, and said boys need our rooms, so we have to leave. It was not very much fun at all, seeing as I made myself an Ellsworth and love them a whole lot. All good things must come to an end, I suppose, and we get to move in with Sister Andreason and Sister Nielsen. Can somebody say, Par-tay? Mhmm. 

With the new digs, we have a new address, so feel free to send multitudes of letters - I mean it. 

16222 Stuebner Airline Rd. 
#700
Spring, TX 77379

Have fun, people. Love you and stuff. 

Love, 
Sister Liljenquist

No comments: