Monday, May 26, 2014

In Which We Become Ellsworth Kids and I Am Blistered, Bitten, and Burned on Shank's Pony



Guess what, friends? I'm in another area, for the fourth time in four transfers. #missionaryswag I was talking to Sister Priddis yesterday, and I can't even remember what happened last Monday - I have no idea what all happened this week.

The beginning of the week was pretty normal. We knew that we would be leaving soon, so we did what we could to tie things up well for the Elders, even though we had no idea when we'd be leaving.

Then, on Thursday morning, we got a call from President Pingree saying that they'd found a place for us to live and that they were ready for us to move in...that day. We spent the morning packing, and that afternoon we moved into our new place. We're currently living with the Ellsworths, and it's been a party. They're a younger couple, and they have three girls all under 10. We live upstairs in a couple of rooms, which has been really different, but awesome at the same time. They've been really good about giving us rides, seeing as we don't even have bikes yet, and they told us today that when they call for the Ellsworth kids, we're supposed to respond as well.

Thursday was madness, and Friday we had zone conference, which was not madness, but was pretty crazy. President Pingree taught us some really cool stuff about pleasing man versus pleasing God, and we had a lot of really excellent departing missionary testimonies. I don't like it when people leave, dang it.

One of Sister Priddis' recent converts was sealed in the temple this weekend, so she went there with Sister Bonner, who also taught this lady, and I went with Sister Bonner into our area. Here's the deal, though - it was literally our first day in the area, and it was HOT. It ended up being a lot better than I thought it would be, and we felt really super accomplished after or 5 hours of walking, even if we only saw one person. It's crazy how different it is being a missionary on foot rather than in a car. It was a lot better than I thought it would be, and I felt really good afterwards...minus the blisters and sunburns and mosquito bites part.

The ward is excellent. Sister Priddis leaned over to me during sacrament meeting yesterday and said - "They're all like you!" And they are! They spent about 25 minutes talking about missionary work in ward council yesterday, and everyone is just so nice. I feel loved.

Other than that, we're just plugging along. We're working on getting bikes today, something that I was much more excited for before it started raining. #idontwanttorideintherain It's going to be good, though. I can just feel it.

Have an excellent week!

Sincerely, Me.



Sister Bonner and I ate delicious Mediterranean food. It was just so good. 


This is the sunburn - I don't know if this says more about the whiteness of my shoulder or the redness of my arm. Who knows?
 

Houston Temple for the win

Sister Priddis, Sister Flanery, and Avery


No comments: