Disclaimer - my focus? It's completely out the window. I've
been sitting here talking with Elder Erickson for the past hour or so just
hoping that somehow, some way, this email will write itself. I want to talk to
y'all, but the actual effort involved is making me sad inside.
I'll get over it.
First things first - transfers, even though that seems like
three weeks ago than less than a week. #missionproblems My new companion is the
lovely Sister Priddis from ye olde Oak Ridge days. She is amazing, and I am so
grateful for her. Before Sister Christensen left, I was thinking out loud and
told her that the ward and I were like the pH scale - I am a 1, and the ward is
a 14. I needed a 7 in order for things to work out and for me not to lose my
mind. Sister Priddis? She's my 7. It's been a pretty fun week.
There's not too much to report because we're kind of working
from the ground up. We still don't have any investigators, and we don't really
know anyone in the ward - we even had to have our phone reset and our contacts
wiped, just for good measure. (Not on purpose. It stopped working, and that was
the only way to fix it. It's not very fun.) We've started to see the less
actives in the ward, and are trying to knock the doors around them. It's like
tracting, but not. Anything to convince my mind that it's not too bad. We
haven't found anyone so far, but we still have a lot of people to see, and I am
working on my faith to find people.
A couple of cool things happened this week - Sister Priddis
had a baptism from her last area, so we got to go to that on Saturday morning.
I love baptisms. They're just great. Destiny is pretty much the coolest 14 year
old ever...except for maybe Joseph Smith. They're neck and neck. She found the
church on Wikipedia, and read the Book of Mormon in a day and a half because
she wanted to finish it before her baptism. She is just so prepared, and she's
totally hilarious at the same time. I love that.
I also got to talk to my people last night. Pretty much the
most awesome thing.
I've been feeling a lot better this week. I am so grateful
for Sister Priddis and her work ethic. She's so good to listen to me and help
me out, but she's also a good worker, and has been pushing to get more work
done. I feel hopeful about this area for the first time in a long time, and
good things are going to happen - I can feel it.
I apologize so much for this email, my friends. If it makes
you feel any better, we've been having a grand old time here at the family
history center. I'm currently in the company of the Sam Houston YSA 1st ward
Sisters, the ASL South Elders, the Inwood Elders, and the Kleinwood Elders.
It's pretty much a party. Elder Garnder's been helping us - and by us I mean
all of the other Sisters - with Family History, and Elder Erickson's been
distracting me from finishing this email. He's the one that said that bros come
before Sister Missionaries. He's pretty funny.
Have a good week, do good things, and be happy, okay?
Love, Me.
I FOUND HERMANA JENSEN AT TRANSFER MEETING!
Texas sunset for the win - it was so cool.
Sister Flannery, Destiny, and Sister Priddis at Destiny's
baptism
My peeps on the skype
Elder Christensen - the Spanish one - found CDs of Preach My
Gospel on the Assistants' desk and wanted them, so he tried to fit them in his
pocket.
No comments:
Post a Comment