Good morning, dearest reader. 'Tis a wonderful morning in...Spring.
We're in Spring, right? I have no idea any more. Anyway, it's a beautiful
morning. Sister Priddis has been tempted to sing some Oklahoma tunes all
morning. #musicalswag The temperature is a balmy 76*, which is not my ideal
temperature, but it's much better than 90 something, so I'm going to keep my
mouth shut.
This has been a totally super crazy week, so I really hope
that this doesn't just come out like brain vomit...though I'm not making any
promises. We still are lacking in the investigator department, but we've been
working with some incredible less actives - more to follow.
Have I mentioned the Hills before? I can't remember. There
are actually three Hill families in our ward, but only one of them is less
active. We've been working with them since I got here, and they are freaking
hilarious - they're probably my favorite family in the ward. Sister Hill is a
convert, and her sons are just great. They want to come back, but it's been
really hard for them to get to church. We had an appointment with them on
Monday, but for some reason, I was having the hardest time getting out the
door. It was like there was some sort of physical wall in the way, and there
were a few tears involved to get me out. It was not fun at all, and when we got
to the appointment, I still wasn't feeling all that hot. We started talking
with them about the importance of going to church, and they were serious about
it - they want to come back. A few minutes in, though, I noticed that Sister
Hill had her head in her hands. I asked her what she was thinking, and she
said, "Why is it so hard to get dressed and get out the door?" I
responded with, "Why is it so hard to get dressed and come over for an
appointment?" I told her about our night, and helped her to see that she was
having such a hard time because she was doing the right thing. It was a really
neat experience. I just love those people.
On...another day this week, we went to the temple with
Soraya and Jesus. Have I mentioned them? I have no idea. Soraya is a convert -
she kind of has the coolest conversion story ever - and her husband, Jesus, was
baptized about a year ago. Getting them to church has been a struggle because
Soraya has basically all of the health problems ever, and Jesus is terrified
that if he leaves her alone she'll die. We've been working with them, and we've
made the temple a focus for the both of them. Jesus had never been to a temple
before, so we went and walked around with him one afternoon. We sat in the back
and talked with him about his goals, and he told us that he felt like God was
preparing him to enter there and serve Him. He was so much more calm and
collected than he has been recently, and you could literally see the change in
his countenance. They had more medical issues this week, so they didn't come to
church yesterday, but our goal is to get him in to do baptisms for his parents
sometime this week.
Fun fact about Texas - ward boundaries change all the time.
We talk to members all the time who have been in dozens of wards and multiple
stakes while living in the same house. Hooray for growth! Last week, pieces
were taken from four or so wards to make a new ward in our district. Poor
President Pingree has had no idea what to do to staff this new ward, and he's
been ripping his hair out about it since it happened. We got a call from him on
Thursday telling us that he has decided to move the Elders in the Klein ward
into the new Gleannloch Farms ward...and move us into the Klein ward. The Klein
Elders are in a trio right now, so one of them and a new mystery companion will
be manning Windrose.
Crazy stuff, right?
We're both really excited for the change. We had a chat with
the trio this weekend, and it sounds like things are just waiting to happen
there. The bishop is excited and ready to go, they just called a new ward
mission leader, there are a lot of excellent youth and future missionaries, and
the members are pretty dang solid. Also, sometimes when Elder Armacost is in
the bathroom, Elder Graham tries to talk to us. Then, he tries to get Elder
Larsen to come with him, but Elder Larsen says that he needs to stay with Elder
Armacost. Then Elder Graham says, "Who needs a companion more right now -
Elder Graham, who's talking to Sister Missionaries, or Elder Armacost, who's on
the pot?" Elder Larsen then gets a little embarrassed by his companion.
He'd also probably be super embarrassed if he knew that I included this story
in my email. It'll just be our secret, okay?
I am really excited, guys. This is going to be great, as
long as I don't think about the fact that we're on bikes and it's May. Going on
June...and July...and August.
It's all good.
Have a good week, friends. I love y'all!
Most Sincerely,
Sister Liljenquist
I'm a fabulous photographer.
Soraya, Jesus, and their grandson Christopher at the temple.
We had some quality companionship unity time, complete with
selfies.
Elder Graham and Elder Armacost at our ward trading
time.
Eating strange Japanese ice cream to celebrate my 9 month
mark. Sister Priddis loved it. Me? Not so much.
We got this text from our district leader, who got it from
Elder Mitchell. The Zone Leaders have no idea how to spell my name,
apparently.
No comments:
Post a Comment