So, this email is going to be total and complete weak sauce
in the actual happenings department. I'm not sure if I mentioned this one last
week (I probably did, but I can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago, let
alone last week,) but I have been playing host to an awesome migraine for the past...forever.
It's gotten really nasty, so we've spent a lot of time inside. I do not like
time inside, I do not like it, Sam I am.
We did do some stuff, though. We had a chat with the
bishop...which was...nice. We went to Zone Meeting, which was great. We ate
dinner with the Snyders, which was hilarious. They have twin, 3 year-old boys,
Camden and Cowden. We were talking about the Plan of Salvation and I asked
Camden where he came from. He said California. Sister Christensen then asked
where he came from before he was in California. He replied, "Don't talk to
me!" and ran over to his mom. I checked a little bit later, just to make
sure, and Sister Christensen was still not allowed to talk to him, but I was. I
felt pretty cool.
Sister Sylvester got a really cool phone call from Megan on
Wednesday where Megan told her all about the week before the baptism and how
terrible it was, and how things had been so much better since then. She said
that she knew that it wouldn't be like that all the time, but that she knew
things would be better than before. She finished with, "And that's my
testimony, I guess." Oh, man. I just love Megan.
Then in testimony meeting yesterday a little girl got up and bore her testimony that the church
was true, that President Monson translated the Book of Mormon, and that
families can be together forever. It was pretty awesome. Sometimes not having
investigators in sacrament meeting is okay.
I really can't think of anything else to report. I've
learned a lot about patience this week. I want to be out and working so badly,
and I am so frustrated with my head, I can't even handle it. At the same time,
though, I know that if the Lord needed me to be out and working all day, He
would make that happen. There is evidently something that I need to learn from
this, so I'm really trying to be okay with it.
Ah - I can think of something else. Transfer calls came last
night, and Sister Christensen is outie. She's been here for 6 months, so we
knew it'd happen, but I don't think I really realized what that meant until
last night when it became real. I really don't know this area...sort of at all.
We don't have too much support from the ward, and we have zero investigators. I
really hope that my new companion is optimistic, because things aren't looking
too great. Elder Peterson, my good buddy, is also headed out, which was a total
shock - he just got here. It makes me a little sad inside, but he'll be doing
good things wherever he's needed, I guess. We played the transfer game on
Saturday night, and he said that he thought he was being transferred home. I,
thinking that he meant his first area, said, "Oh, College Park?" And
he said, "No, to Richfield." We had a talk after that, and he insists
he's not trunky. #yeahright #boysareweird
Do good stuff this week!
Sister Liljenquist
No comments:
Post a Comment