Bonjour!
How's that for a change? I never know how to start this
email. I want to do something witty and clever, but if I take too long to
figure it out, I get really distracted and this letter ends up being poop. So,
I guess I'll just go with this.
It's been quite the week. I can't believe how much stuff
we've fit into the last seven days - except, I don't feel like it's all that
much. I think the Lord majorly messes with time on a mission. Sister King once
said that she thinks that the Lord doesn't like it that we have to be away from
our families for so long, so He makes it go by quickly, even though it's still
jam packed full of excellence. I liked that thought. I've adopted it as my own,
as you can now clearly see.
It started off with rain. So. Much. Rain. Last P Day, we got
two flash flood warnings and the missionaries in Katy weren't allowed to go out
because they had a tornado warning. It was insane. I don't know how well y'all
know rain, but until you've seen a summer storm in the South, you don't know
anything. This continued on to Tuesday, which was a dilemma. Just remember that
Sister Priddis and I were on foot at this point, so all travel was severely
limited. We tried, and it didn't work. We got soaked - as in, I was wringing out
my skirt soaked. It was ridiculous.
Oh, this is awkward. I have to go. This makes me sad. Stay
tuned, though. I am going to find some way to keep all y'all updated. Until
then, be good. I love you!
Love, Me.
TO BE CONTINUED...
Update 6/9/14:
Update 6/9/14:
I talked about Brother Beckett last week, and then I forgot
to explain it. An introduction is necessary for this hooligan.
Brother Beckett is our Ward Mission Leader. He's a convert
of 12 years, is from New Jersey, and talks almost as much as I do...well, I'd
say more, but no one would believe me. Brother Beckett is also a total sass.
Last week after stake conference, Brother Beckett texted us and told us where
his car and keys were and told us that we needed to have it cooled down for him
before he got out there. He said it was service. I told him no way. We
argued.
Such is our relationship.
Brother Beckett is an incredible guy, though. I am so
grateful to be working with him. He is so motivated and loves missionary work.
We've been working with him much more than we have with any other mission
leader that I've had, and I really feel like that's a lot of the reason the
work is going so well.
I just really wish he'd stop making me try baby food when we
go over for dinner.
I stepped in the mud on the Tuesday. Yuck.
Sister Priddis walking in the rain. Do you see that madness?
Wringing out my skirt. Ridonkulous.
Sister Priddis vs. Tree. She won.
Henry and Tim before the baptism
Henry, Tim, Sister Colton and I take AWESOME selfies.
Sister Colton, Sister Sylvester, Tim and I....not
necessarily in that order.
This is the Assistants' car...it's a minivan. The YSA
Sisters decided to decorate it for them. I think this needs to be shared as
much as is humanly possible.
The Inwood Elders have bedbugs, so they've been sleeping at
the church for the past few weeks. Anytime you feel down on yourself, just look
at this picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment