Oh, hello again. It's me, and I am really tired. And hungry.
Just in case you were wondering. However, I think we're going to get some
Fick-Chil-A after we're done emailing. #statesidemissionforthewinzies
It's been a long week - not in a bad way, just a everything
in the whole world happened way. It's cool, it just makes for a tired kid.
That's what it's about, though, right? I'll just sleep in three months or
so.
First things first, though - I bought a muumuu last Monday.
It's amazing. That's all.
We were on our way to exchange on Tuesday (more on that
later,) and we decided to stop by a headquarters referral we had gotten. The
issue was, though, that she lives in a gated apartment and we don't have the
code. So, we pulled up and started scrolling through the directory to see if we
could find her name or apartment number. It didn't work. I think we scrolled
through three or four times and were getting a little worried when, all of the
sudden, it just says, "Access granted," and the gate opens.
Out of the blue. There was no one else around.
It was way cool. We didn't find this referral, but we did
find a girl who's been wanting to do family history and was excited to see
family search. It's just great.
The exchange. So, a while back I called President Mortensen
because I was really upset about Megan and Tim. I can't remember if I wrote
about this, but Scott, Megan's husband, hasn't been letting her go to church,
and Tim decided out of the blue that he didn't want to go to church anymore.
President said that I could go on an exchange to talk to them, so I talked to
Megan and the Sisters in Oak Ridge and went up on Tuesday.
It was a really interesting experience. I really - it was
just really apparent that Oak Ridge isn't my ward anymore. Meeting with Megan
and the crew was one of the most bittersweet experiences of my mission. I
cannot tell you how much I love that family, but it was so hard to see them
less active and kind of hardened. We were able to help them out and build a
relationship between them and Sister Bodily, who's serving there, but it was
really hard. I just wish that everyone would just do good things.
That's all.
Thursday. It was Thanksgiving. I mourned the football-less
holiday just a bit, but it's fine. We ate with the Elders at Tammy's house, and
it was a blast. Russ, Tammy's husband, read us stories from his grandma who
grew up on a ranch in Colorado - one of which included the accidental stoning
of one Tom the Turkey. Basically, hilarious.
We had zone meeting on Friday, and Elder Kieth taught us
about being tools in the Lord's hands, and how we didn't want to be the rusty
spoon laying on the instrument table. He's the one that called himself the
rusty spoon, for the record.
Now, if you remember (well, that is if I told y'all,) we
started doing family mission plans in Klein. The basic idea is that you take
the ward mission plan and then adapt it into a plan that your family can use to
do missionary work. It worked really well, and I loved it, so I told ye Olde
Oaks Ward Mission about it - they liked it, too. So, we introduced it to the
ward yesterday. It went really well. Really, really well. I have lots of high
hopes for this one. This ward is just great. Have I mentioned that?
All in all, life is really good. There is just so much work
to do here, and I'm loving being able to do it.
#missionlifeisthebestlife #butsleepingwouldalsobereallynice
Just so all y'all know, Sister Roe is being booted out,
which means I get a new companion tomorrow. New adventure - I like it.
That's all I have to say. Have an excellent week, ma
friends.
Love,
The Sister Missionary with the J in Her Name That No One
Uses
Zone Conference! Selfie with the fabulous Elder Field
Sister Kingsie is leaving me this week - don't talk about
it.
Sister Roe, Me, Elder Tanner, and Sister Ita'aehau
The view from mi apartamento - be jealous.
That awkward moment every time you see Randy and Heather on
a pass along card...
Emailing selfie - last Monday style
Elder Kieth makes a mess...
Sister Niedert and I on exchanges. She's a doll.
This is what happens when Elder Vargas and Elder Halterman
wrestle.
Oh, my favorite Spanish Elders
Ellie and I on Tuesday. I LOVE HER SO MUCH.
Russ carves the turkey while everyone photobombs
Don't we look so nice? #sisterroeisapunk
Russ reading us the story of Tom Turkey
Elder Chandler hates Christmas before Thanksgiving
We taught these girls the Restoration - they're
adorable...and super ADD
Sister Roe, Shay and I
Brother Grabau is not the best selfie taker
Christmas - warm weather style.
Emailing selfies - today style
No comments:
Post a Comment