Monday, January 27, 2014

In Which We Do Not Drink Coffee at Interview Training and I Am a Terrible Hammer-er

I don't like starting emails. Let's just skip that part.

This week was a roller coaster if I've ever seen one. We started off on Wednesday with interview training. I'm quite a fan of the Pingrees and the APs. We learned about better ways to teach and Sister Pingree taught us about squishing ANTs - Automatic Negative Thoughts. We were a little tired through the whole meeting (we're missionaries - of course we're tired,) so President Pingree said, "You all look so tired. You look like you could use a cup of coffee - but we will not do that. We will not do that here." He's just the greatest guy of all time.

After all of that, we had exchanges. I went up to Montgomery with Sister Bonner, the Sister Training Leader, and Sister Sylvester stayed with Sister Wessendorf. Let's just say that Montgomery and Oak Ridge are VERY different places. We ran around like crazy people all day long, and we did a lot of teaching. It was wonderful. I love teaching.

We got to meet with Ashlee on Thursday. She was doing really well, and we had a really great discussion. We went over the things that she wasn't too sure about, and we got her to commit to a baptismal date of March 1st. We talked to Megan, Scott and Tim that night as well, and Tim talked to us about baptism again. He's still been going to early morning seminary, and he called us on Tuesday to ask for help finding a ride to mutual. I love them a whole lot.

On Saturday, President Pingree asked if we'd spend some time helping out at a service project in Conroe. We told we'd love to, and we set out to go build a house. It was a blast! We worked with some of the members of a Presbyterian congregation on a Habitat for Humanity house. We spent most of the time putting trim on the outside of the house, and I learned that I am NOT good at hammering. It was quite the party. We went and visited with Ashlee later on that day, and then spent some quality time with our ward mission leader.

Sunday was great - there were really good talks in sacrament meeting, the relief society lesson was about missionary work, and we got to come home and eat some food. I was a happy camper. Then, we got a text. Sister Sylvester read it, and I asked what it said. She said, "Uh... Ashlee just dropped us." I couldn't - there weren't even words. She said that she feels like she's wronging God by reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church. We're going to talk to her tomorrow - hopefully we can get things sorted.

That's all, really. I'm running out of time, so I'll end here. I love y'all, and I miss y'all, too. A lot. Keep doing good things and I'll see you soon!


Sister Liljenquist


The snow - it's pathetic. But, it was there. See those little lines of white on the roof?

Sister Sylvester rocks the construction worker look.

I'm much better at drilling things than hammering them.

I am gangster.


"The Working Man"

Sister Barnes and Sister Pugh love each other.

Elder Gonzalez shows us the wisest way to hold nails while hammering.

I love this picture. Elder Darnell and I are the coolest.

Elder Darnell shows us how he is ready and willing to save his companions, should they fall while hammering. 

No comments: