Hello, everyone! It is really good to be able to write to
y'all this morning. It's a nice, cold, sunny day, and it's pants day. I'm a
pretty happy lady.
I'm trying to think of a nice adjective to describe this
week, but none are really coming to mind. It was a week. There was some good
stuff, and there was some lame stuff. Opposition in all things, friends.
#studiedthatthismorning
Remember my bestie Amber? She is doing SO much better. We
had an incredible lesson this week where we finally got down to the bottom of
this "higher power and you can call it God if you want to" nonsense.
After I brought that up, she said that she did believe in God, and after further
questions told us that she gets through all of the insanity of her life by
giving it to God when she can't handle it anymore.
I KNEW SHE WAS USING THE ATONEMENT. I JUST KNEW IT.
Ah, it makes me so happy! We showed her the Because of Him
video from Easter #stillmyfavorite and when it finished, she said, "I
believe that." Then she told us that her husband was opening up and asking
questions about religion. Honest to goodness, I teared up when she told us
that. It was just so good.
On Wednesday I was able to go on exchanges with the fabulous
Sister Niedert in the Cypress Creek ward. One of the most hilarious moments of
my week came after we were done playing bingo with the old folks.
Side note - Elder Kieth is a fabulous bingo caller. We told
him many a time that he should really consider it as a profession.
Anyway, there's apparently a tradition that someone sings
the song (does it have a name? It's the one about a farmer and his dog, Bingo,
and then it spells out his name, just in case you didn't know) when the bingo
game is over - and since my old folk partner and I won, we chose him. The only
issue was that Sister Niedert's old folk couldn't hear him because he was
laughing too much, so Sister Niedert had to sing it for him.
We did some good work, Sister Knee-dirt and I. We went
tracting, where one of my favorite experiences happened -
SCENE: Sister Knee-dirt and Sister Linjinquist knock on a
door.
LADY INSIDE: Who is it? (Texans feel the need to yell at you
instead of looking through the peep hole - not my favorite thing)
ONE OF THE SISTERS: It's the missionaries!
[All of the sudden, the porch light is turned off, and the
Sisters sit in the dark for a moment, quite puzzled, then walk off. As they do,
they discuss how awkward it will be when they have to go to this random lady's
judgement day and say, "You turned the light off? Really? You couldn't
just tell us to go away?"]
But it was a good time. We met a girl named Hope, and she is
just the nicest, sweetest thing ever. She does quite a bit of evangelizing for
her church (it's a big thing down here,) but said that Mormonism had been on
her heart for a while. I really think she'll be baptized someday.
We were able to get in contact with some lost less actives
this week, as well as find some new investigators in the many lists of
potential investigators that we have since...forever ago. Nothing too concrete
or solid, but we're getting there. It's bloooooming!
Another one of my favorite moments came, again, when we were
tracting.
Side note - Tracting no longer makes me want to cry, which
might be the biggest miracle of all time.
We knocked on a door and a girl answered - we started to
talk to her, but she looked really confused, so I didn't know how far it would
go. Then, out of the blue, we hear a voice from the house that says, "Is
it the trick-or-treaters?" and then yells, "It's the Mormons!"
when he sees us. His name is Aaron, and he does think that Joseph Smith was on
to something, but does not think that God lives on a planet named Koe-lobe.
Aaand he very bluntly (and awkwardly) said no when we asked if he wanted to
talk to missionaries. He did have nice swooshy hair, though, and when I asked,
he said it was natural. He's looking for a wife, so his body is
peacocking.
Oh, the hilarity.
We're just chugging along over here. Sister Hudgens feels
the need to make comments about how many weeks we have left and the fact that
said number can be counted on two hands, but I'm not about that life. I'd be
too tired if I was. I don't really have anything figured out, as much as I wish
I did, but I know that I'm doing what I need to. And that's all that
matters.
Y'all are great. Have a good week, talk to someone about the
gospel, and hug your mom.
Have a Blessed Day!
Love,
Sister Linjinquist
Scraping ice on Christmas morning #christmasmiracle
Pre-present opening with the Ruckers
Christmas, Texas style.
Paige is terrified of statues, so we helped her.
Sophie Mortensen is ridiculously gorgeous.
Sam Houston, concrete statue style.
Black Christus Jesus statue
I am super good at creepy cemetery pictures, guys.
Elder Hillebrant...and all the ladies.
The Texas State Execution Center.
Elder Kieth calls bingo like a boss
It was really cold.
Playing dress-up with Sister Castillo's Indian clothes
Sister Niedert rocks out, service style.
No comments:
Post a Comment