Monday, March 24, 2014

In Which Small Children Vomit and I Expose the Plot Twist of the Century



Hello again. 'Tis nice to converse with you all in an electronic manner. So much happened this week and I have not enough time to type it all. Whoever has been hiding the time-slowing-down machine needs to give it back now. Thank you. 

We started off the week by going to see our good friend Dr. Warnock, the foot doctor man. It was quite the adventure. We got lost and drove long distances and waited for quite a long time because I didn't have a real appointment - and he said that there was nothing wrong with it. I just have wide, flat feet that don't like normal shoes or walking. Thanks, mom. It was kind of a relief, actually - there's nothing wrong, so I can just cope and deal. 

We got to go to the temple this week. I freaking love the temple, guys. I am so grateful that we have one in the mission and that we get to go there so often. We went in districts instead of zones this time, which I really appreciated - there were at lot less people which means more thinking room. 

We had dinner with the Hancocks this week, and it was really good. Brother Hancock makes bacon carbonara - it's really tasty. We ate, we chatted, we shared a message and were about to leave when Avery, their one year old just started puking. She'd been fine - or so we thought. We just kind of sat there for a while as things unfolded and then excused ourselves as kindly as we could. Sometimes when you're a missionary you just see everything. 

We saw Ashlee this week, and she's doing really well. She's actually starting to progress, which just makes me happy. She's been listening to the Book of Mormon, which she'd found is a lot easier for her, and she's just showing more interest than she has been. We've been reteaching the lessons because she has some retention issues, but we're hoping to get her to remember what we're teaching. She did not come to church, though, which brings me much frustration. Just come to church!

We also got to teach Kayleigh this week. I freaking love that girl - she is just hilarious and awesome and so smart. We taught the Plan of Salvation and she was totally involved - she asked questions, she agreed with us, and she's been reading and praying. It makes me really sad that she has to wait so long to be baptized, but it's all good, because that's an excellent reason to come back for a visit. 

Are y'all ready for this? I'm being transferred. Crazy, right? Both Sister Hardy and I are leaving tomorrow morning. I was totally surprised, but I feel a lot better than I did 6 weeks ago - I like having experience and sort of knowing what to expect. I do not like packing, though. UGH. I HATE packing. it's kind of the worst thing ever. I might as well go eat worms. 

I've learned a lot this week about how aware the Lord is of each of us - He has a plan, we just need to figure out how we best fit into it. I've read this scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants 49 many times, but I don't know if I've ever understood it - 

27 Behold, I will go before you and be your rearward; and I will be in your midst, and you shall not be confounded.

He's not just helping us when we ask for it or when things are rough. He's preparing things for us so that they'll be ready when we get there. Each change has been carefully thought out and prepared by a perfect, all-knowing being. If we approach it in the right spirit, we can accomplish anything He would have us do. In that same vein, I love knowing that even though I have to leave people, He is still taking care of them - and He always will. He's taking much better care of them than I ever could. 

There you go. Have an excellent week and do some cool stuff. I love y'all!

Love, 
Me.




Elder Halterman scares me...




Me and my boyfriend, Micah


Kayleigh and I make pretty faces

No comments: