Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Knowing Your Purpose


I am about to blog about real life. 

You can close those gaping jaws now. It's happening. No more "Disney Geek Hell" as one of my dear relatives so very kindly put it. 

I have been inspired by my good friend Todd. I say good friend... What I mean is, he's in Latter-Day Voices with me at the institute. He's pretty cool. He's one of those people who you admire from a distance because they're just awesome and really hope that you aren't creeping out. 
I think I've already failed at that. 

This is Todd's blog. 
http://pogofox.blogspot.com/ 
You should really go and look at it. And by look at it, I really mean spend all day reading through all of his posts, because they will either make you laugh with sincere joy or blow your mind with their truthfulness and wisdom. 

Anyway. Back to my point. 

I am going to write about life, and funny things that happen, and wise thoughts that I have... you know ground breaking things of that nature. 
At least, that's the plan. 
No guarantees on that one.

Just a small thought tonight. 

I was reading in John tonight, and I came upon this scripture in chapter 8:

     14 Jesus answered and said unto them, though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true; for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 

It reminded me of a lightbulb moment I had in church last Sunday -
I know what my purpose in life is. 
I mean this in a general sense. I don't mean to say that I have everything figured out, because I don't . I'm so far from figuring things out it's not even funny. What I mean is that I know who I am - I know where I came from, and why I'm here. Just take a moment to consider the immense gift that is. There are so many people who live in this world who make things up, figure them out as they go, and they still don't know what's going on. The immense knowledge and clarity that you've been given is one of the greatest blessings we've been given by our Father, and it's so simple that it's often overlooked. 
What are you doing with that knowledge? What are you doing to improve yourself because of what you are, and who you hope to become? Who are you sharing this knowledge with? I almost ask these questions more for myself than anyone else, because I need to be more conscious of them. 

You are a child of God. You are here to become like Him so that you may someday live with Him again. 

How beautiful is that?


No comments: